12 March, 2011

Pictures (Bilder)

Quick technical update: I decided that a Picasa web album would be a good way to share pictures with you as my trip progress. Some might appear on Facebook so if you know me there too I apologize for doubles. But I want a way to share pictures that is easily tied to this blog, and so thanks to the mighty Google I have that in Picasa!

You can find the album here. Please enjoy!

Now a little bit about this past week...our cultural trip was a museum visit this week. We visited the Deutsche Historiche Museum on Wednesday. It was fascinating, but also almost overwhelming because there was so much information inside! Here's one interesting picture for you: the coin on the left is a mark from after the financial reformation in 1923 following the German hyperinflation. All the notes piled up on the right are worth, together, less than that single coin. In that pile are notes worth a million, ten million, five hundred million marks and more (they even printed a one trillion  mark note).


That afternoon we walked from the museum to Alexanderplatz to find some lunch, and on our way we walked right by the famous Berliner Dom (Protestant Church). Here's one of my favorite pictures so far--all the Notre Dame students in front of the Berliner Dom.
AKA Domers in front of the Dom!

My first visitors arrive in about 12 hours (Jon and Kyle, another civil engineer) so I think another post will be appearing shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment